Back pain is one of the top reasons people will seek medical care every year. In America the costs of back pain when measured in lost wages and decreased productivity are enormous.
Facts about back pain:
- Back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for low work-productivity
- One-half of all working Americans will have back pain each year
- 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical in nature